SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Mother's Day Wish

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. A day for moms, young and old. First-timers and been-there-done-thatters. Grown from the belly and grown from the heart moms.

Mother's Day is always a treat for me. I don't know why, but I suspect it has to do with how excited my kids get over it being mommy's day, although it doesn't change their behavior. And with every Mother's Day, I reminisce over how I became a mother, unexpectantly.

You see, I didn't think I could have kids according to one doctor, but never really worried about it until I surprisingly became pregnant. Obviously, I have no trouble conceiving, carrying, and bringing into this world my children. But I have friends who have.

Friends who deserve to be parents, who would be loving to and provide for their children. It makes me sad to think of all the kids who belong to people who are so undeserving as parents, and those who are beyond qualified, will never know the blessing it is. It's only something God knows and for me to question would be wrong. But I want those friends to know that your dream is not lost; God has a plan for you. My wish for you is to keep your faith in God and know that this mother prays for you and the struggles you go through.

I'm carrying another child, a child who will be welcomed into a loving home of parents, siblings, and a host of friends. I find myself in a very appreciative state of motherhood every day, even the difficult days, but even more so on Mother's Day. My children are happy and healthy. And I wonder how God could bless me with yet another healthy baby because He has been so good to me, to my family. Whatever this pregnancy brings, I know that being a mother has been the greatest joy I've ever known, that my legacy will live on in my children, whom I thought I'd never have.

To all the mothers, mothers to other children, aunts who are like mothers, mothers to another, have a beautiful Mother's Day. May you find your blessings in the ones who love you so much.

Thank you to my lovelies for the beautiful two dozen roses in my favorite shades of pink. I love you Haley, Brennan, Aubrey, and soon-to-be baby. You make motherhood interesting, crazy, fun, I-want-to-pull-my-hair-out somedays, but most of all, you make me proud to be your mommy and for that, I love each and every one of you. Thank you for making my life rich beyond reason.

1 comment:

LB said...

Either those are the most beautiful roses I've ever seen, or you take some awesome pictures. I suspect it is a little of both. I hope you had a great Mother's Day!