SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

[Senior] Jessica | Caruthersville Missouri Senior Photography

Ca-ca.

That's what Jessica's baby sister used to call her when she was younger. Younger as in, tall and lanky, rounder face, incredibly shy, soon-to-be wearing braces. All the awkardness that those beginning teenage years bring.

Ca-ca grew up to be one beautiful young lady, known as Jessica.

I work with Jessica's mom, and last summer Jess came to work with us. I didn't see her very often, but wow. The girl grew up. Like, you know, lookin' like a model, grew up.

She's got these desirably long legs(and Jess, you need to be P-R-O-U-D of those limbs, sista!), long wavy hair, and off-setting blue eyes to complement her natural beauty. I was so incredibly thrilled as I kept looking through the images when I pulled them up on the computer. I knew I couldn't wait to dive into the process of narrowing down, even though it would be tough.

Anyways, I found some new locations to shoot and even found some spots that surprised me. Like shooting at the "trailer" school. (Brief synopsis: A tornado came through almost 4 years ago and destroyed the high school. Jessica's class is the first class that has spent their entire high school career going to school in trailers. So of course, we totally had to shoot there.)

I also managed to use one location in mind with an old car. I'm incredibly blessed to be able to call this my career, albeit a second one, because I get so thrilled with what I can create with the help superbly fabulous clients.

Jessica, I'm so very proud of you. For being the awesome girl that you are, for staying strong in your beliefs, and for being tough enough just when you need to be. And for being my babysitter on occasion.

I know Mom and Dad are very proud of you, their first-born child who is about to graduate. And you must know that you have one of the coolest sets of parents any teen could ask for. (Make sure you Mom gets the bribe money to me as soon as possible.)

Best wishes to you on these final months at Trailer High and for your bright future beyond those walls!























25 comments:

LB said...

Wow, those are beautiful! I think I may have some senior business coming your way. I've been recommending you to my students. :)

Liz said...

I love the one where she is looking to the side and touching her hair. It looks really natural. Good as always!

melissa green photography said...

Love the second portrait and the B&W. Gorgeous shots girl!

mrsjling said...

I love your photographs! Wow!

And thanks for stopping by my blog. Appreciated.

Love/mrsjling

Carole said...

I can't believe that's my sweet little flower girl, all grown up. Thanks for taking such beautiful photos of our girl!

Jen said...

Fabulous!!! She's a gorgeous girl!
Great images Stephanie!

Melissa Koehler said...

She is gorgeous. I think you captured her beautifully! Loving the lighting!

Amii said...

Love, love, LOVE these Stephanie! And holy cow, the girl is just gorgeous!

Beth Ross said...

She is beautiful. I love that B&W. The light and your processing ROCKS!

Kelsey said...

Love these and your old chair!!!!

Laura Rauch said...

Love, love, love!!!! Great job!

Kim K. said...

These are stunning!!! Love the locations too. Great work!

Emma said...

They are just gorgeous, I love your post processing!

Tiffany said...

Absolutely gorgeous session. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning- the girl and the images!!

Toki Lee Kanitz said...

What a GORGEOUS gal and oh my, such great locations too. Awesome job!!

Beth said...

She is beautiful! I think the car shot is my favorite but they are all great!

Hannah said...

She is gorgeous- amazing work!

Trisha said...

These are perfect! Love them all!

Dawn Alderman said...

What a beauty...this are gorgeous!

Rezika Zurch said...

oh steph these are stunning! Your locations are always so AMAZING!

thousand words photography said...

she is so beautiful! love the locations! wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! you did a wonderful job with these! And she IS beautiful!

Aunt Beth said...

You did a GREAT job!!! My favorite is... the one's with the light pole, the car, the black and white... WELL, OK I LOVE THEM ALL!! So glad I don't have to pick.. They really make me feel OLD!! Jessica a senior!! WOW!! She is such a beautiful girl, not only on the outside but the inside as well. Brad and Pam are so LUCKY:)

Teresa O said...

Ive been waiting for this post. Fabulous job on these! Beautiful lighting an pp.