SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Friday, September 24, 2010

[Seniors] Lovely | Brighton Tennessee Senior Photographer

Once in a while you come across someone like Sara. Smart, intelligent and a hidden beauty.

When her mom contacted me in May to book her daughter's 2011 senior session, I felt happy because it was early. But then when I found out she lives over an hour away, I felt honored that they admired my work so much to travel to me for a shoot.

So, when I met Sara, she seemed shy. I'm sure in real life(read: away from adults) she's anything but. However, once we traipsed off to shoot some images, she warmed up to me and then I found we had a lot in common. She's a smart cookie, and we talked shop about college and high school life. My goodness, how I don't miss the never-ending idiosyncrasies of high school.

The location I chose had a old car on the property, and although my initial idea was just to use that particular piece of the property, I later found that there were so many robust ideas flowing in my mind. So we stayed there.

The rustic, old pieces of metal, the tall grass, the glorious sunlight. They all helped in exposing the rather lovely beauty that is Sara. She joked about her pale skin, but when on film, there's such an aesthetic beauty that is matched by no other. When I worked on the images, I was just blown away at how lovely she looked, how soft and dreamy. And how the model in her came out so fiercely.

We ended the session in a location between buidlings and I finally coaxed her boyfriend to join the shoot. He obliged only after I promised he'd look cool. You know, 'cause guys have to be cool and stuff.

Sara, Mom and Boyfriend, I thoroughly enjoyed our session together. You were such a sweet and intelligent young woman and I know you'll have a wonder career in the medical field. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to capture this special time in your life and best wishes for your very bright future!


13 comments:

jules said...

she's beautiful! gorgeous colors and light!

Kim Hill said...

She is a very pretty girl. I love the mix of her softness against the rough textures from the location. Great play on colors as well.

dalia said...

these are great!! what a cool location. I also love the rough textures.

Deanna said...

Love the variety of these! Beautiful girl!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous session! Love these!

tamsen said...

these are gorgy! love the colors!

Traci said...

she is beautiful!
love the color and the location .you rocked it!!

Kelly (kkklatt) said...

Gorgeous girl! I love your processing, the colors are perfect!

marinda said...

gorgeous! simply gorgeous - girl and work!

Kelsey Anderson said...

She is gorg!!

e miller photography-Salem Oregon Photography said...

gorgeous gorgeous and more gorgeous!

Stacey S said...

Beautiful job on these! Love the great texture in the surroundings and she is a gorgeous young lady!

clippingimages said...

very innovative photography........