SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Beauty and the Beast

**Read Part I and Part II of my journal**

I took the following picture on Wednesday morning. There was something so edgy, so wicked, so beautiful about the way the limbs were frozen, like the tree stuck one of its limbs in an electric socket and all the limbs just jumped straight out! (Except we know that didn't happen because there was no electricity, and well, trees can't stick their limbs into electrical sockets. Nevermind.)

Anyways, I processed this image in hopes that I could capture its funkiness and spunk. I wanted some of the color to pop in the background to give some contrast to the stark-white backdrop.

And on another note, today I had the most hits on my site in one day: 198!! Yeah, baby, I'm breaking records. Better get the gold medal and podium ready! And did you notice my new 'favicon'? It's the little icon hanging out next my address in the, well, address bar. I finally figured out how to do it tonight, so me and my new pal, Favicon, are now rolling with the homies in the blogosphere!

Now, I'm off to bed. I'll probably have a nightmare about a tree gone mad, with its wicked, pointy limbs grabbing at me. I seriously have some crazy dreams, so I'm preparing early and I will have axe in hand!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos of a terrible situation. We got hit with the ice storm here in Kentucky too.

Stephanie Greenwell said...

thanks adam. it was beautiful but devastating.