SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love is in the Air

A cute little Cherub named Cupid with his arrow. Large packaged hearts. Red and pink and pink and red and all the shades of red and pink.

Valentine's Day.

Ah, it's the ultimate representation of love...and sugar and chocolate and gorging on lots of, well, love. I'm a sucker for all things Valentine's Day, except that I am not a chocolate fanatic! (Yeah, crazy huh?)

But I love that there is a day set aside especially for lovers of all kinds. Husbands, wives, children, parents, grandparents, friends, pets, strangers passing by. My goodness, my children even think that it's a holiday where they get out of school, but, sadly(*wink, wink*), I had to bust their bubble and let them know that although it's a special day, love and valentine's cards are not reasons for getting out of school. (Shooting one with an arrow might land them a week-long break! Thank God, they are not trying to be Cupid!) And besides, Valentine's Day is on a Saturday this year, so no dice.

Since love is no holiday from school or work, it is a holiday of celebrating the ones we love. I'm thankful for my family and the love that I receive from them on every day of the year, but especially on Valentine's Day. And to quote a very famous, fab four-some of British rockers:

"All we need is love... "


Have a very sweet-as-cotton-candy filled day of love! Happy Valentine's Day!
Stay tuned for the upcoming announcement!!

No comments: