SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More from the Madness

**Read Part I and Part II of my journal or just click on "Ice Storm '09" on the right in Categories**

By now, you all know that we've had a crazy ice storm, like, so-crazy-it-should-be-in-a-straightjacket kind of crazy. But thankfully, life as we know it is returning back to the normal day-to-day operations. Most of the area has had power restored, but there are still plenty of power trucks around here. People are cleaning up the messes in their yards and there are just miles of piles of limbs, trees, brush, you name it, along the streets. And so I give another shout-out to the city and county workers who will be cleaning up these messes because you guys have a lot of work of ahead of you too.

And to those businesses who have been so helpful in cleaning up, a big thank you to you too. Especially those who aren't price gouging. I have heard of a few astronomical price quotes for clean-up and tree-trimming and it's just sad. I understand supply and demand even though I loathed economics in college, but c'mon, let's not rob people. Like I said, it was only a couple of quotes, but for the most part, most have been reasonable, some even doing work for free! Free is always good, especially when it comes from the goodness of the heart.

With that said, I will leave you with more images from around Hayti. God Bless.


Hayti City Park









Going North on N. 4th St: Hayti High School, Homes, Cemetery






























Drooping wire on west side of Hayti Jr. High and view of Woodlawn Cemetary in the background



West side of Hayti Jr. High behind tree






East View of Cleveland from N. 4th St.: Cemetery on Left, Hayti Jr. High on Right



Hayti Mathis Elementary















Cleveland St. between N. 4th St. and Gayoso





This wire in the middle is completely frozen straight in the water!





A shot of an ice-covered wire through my sunroof as we drove under it!



Kristina Reed St.















More images to come

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom told me about your site. You have gotten some awesome pictures of this ice horror. It was a pretty scene to see but is nothing that I want to see again in my lifetime.
I am ready for some electricity again!!!!

Stephanie Greenwell said...

Hi Tish, the first day it's like you're in awe of the beauty and rarity of something like that around here. Then, it reality sets in and it horrible! Hope you all are doing well!