SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Monday, February 16, 2009

Princesses, Pop-Tarts and Presidents

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Today is President's Day.

A time to honor all those that have led our country. I'm sincerely grateful to live in this country, governed by democracy, where we can make choices about how we want to live without fear. Where we can vote on our leaders, whether the candidate for whom you vote doesn't win. Where it is still the land of milk and honey, even with the economic woes.

Even with all that our country has seen recently, with the recession, the mortgage crisis, people losing jobs and homes, there's still no better place on this earth I'd rather live, to raise my family, to live freely. Even with the bailouts that aren't going to mean anything to working families.

I'd still rather live in America.

In light of President's Day, my children normally are out of school. However, missing 10 days of school due to the ice storm will land a few planned school holidays back on the schedule of attendance. My two older kids went to school, but my sugar bear stayed home with me today. I cooked her not one, not two, but three scrambled eggs with cheese this morning, we played with "grandpa's" suitcase, and then I decided to have an impromptu photo session with her.

She loves Pop-Tarts, I mean, she-loves-them-like-she'll-never-eat-them-again, so I shot some pictures of her in a knit hat and a Pop-Tart in hand. You'll notice the ever-present crumbs around her mouth.

And yes, I'm fully aware that Pop-Tarts are not the most nutritionally sound snack, but we prepare many nutritious meals featuring most of the food groups at each meal. And fried chicken fingers(meat group) and fries(starches/vegetable) don't qualify as nutrionally sound, but they sure are good!

So, without further ado, my little Pop-Tart Princess on President's Day...












No comments: