SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Monday, February 22, 2010

In front | Stephanie Greenwell Photography

Being a person who photographs other people, it's very uncommon to find myself in front of the camera. Mostly because no one in my house knows how to operate the dang thing, but also because I'm protective of my camera. I know, I know.

It's just a camera.

I mean my life doesn't revolve around this inanimate object, at least that's what I tell myself. But frankly, I do have a tight relationship with my camera. Even though I intend to upgrade this year(I hope), I feel like me and ol' Camera have a history.

And we are thick as thieves.

It's captured sweet moments of my children, the birth of my latest child, programs and plays, Mother Nature at her finest, and even helped me launch a so far successful small business. But don't get me wrong, if it were destroyed, my life would go on. Albeit, I'd be sad, but I know it can be replaced.

I'm just not ready to invest in another relationship yet.

So, since I'm always behind the camera and I have absolutely no images of me and my newest baby together (because, c'mon, that big heavy sucker is not as easy to turn around one-handed and snap those two-person shots with part of an arm in view!), I decided to let my 8 year old daughter take some pictures of me and John Cooper together. In my style.

With the settings already in place for her, neck strap around her neck, I just played with John Cooper and had her snap away. She was so very excited to get to do this. (Fortunately, Aubrey and Brennan were in the other room, or else that neck strap would have been ripped in two over who gets to hold the camera!)

The following is one of the images she got. I edited the image to my liking, and I will forever cherish this sweet reminder of my love of being a mom. One child photographing mom and another child together.

And Haley thinks she wants to be a photographer when she grows up.

Thankyouverymuch.

15 comments:

Liz said...

I love that picture. He looks so sweet. His mama is lookin' pretty good too!

Julie Livermore said...

Adorable, your 8 year old nailed the focus!!! My 5 year old loves when I let him try my camera but he usually misses my face and gets just an ear!!

Zenia said...

Oh gosh! Love the expression!

Becca said...

That is SO sweet, love 'the look'! beautiful!

Kelsey said...

Precious!!!

Lucky Star Designs said...

Sooooo sweet! Love your processing.

Toki Lee Kanitz said...

ahhh, that is so sweet. thanks very much for sharing!!!

GNelson said...

So precious!

Kelly (kkklatt) said...

Tell your daughter she did AWESOME!!! Such a sweet shot (and in focus!)...my dd is 7 and wants to be a photographer when she grows up too :)

sandrah said...

Beautiful! She did a fantastic job!

Sharon Verbeek said...

that image is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love it. she's very talented!

Shannon Flores said...

She did a great job! What a precious shot! <3

The Leonards Family said...

so sweet!

Kim K. said...

This is so sweet!!! I have totally done this with my little 5 year old. lol Your little one got an awesome shot!

Anonymous said...

Looks like your daughters on to a great start. I also have to agree with you about lossing your camera. I've had mine since my daughter was born and i know its time to get a new one but i cant bring myself to get rid of it. It holds memories in a way. Always close when i need it.