SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Monday, February 1, 2010

Slackers Anonymous | Hayti Missouri Photographer

I've been so bad. Remember when I said I would be blogging more in 2010? Yeah, that time and that other time. Uh-huh, I totally fell flat on that 2010 resolution. To tell the truth, I really thought I would get with the program, but it's really hard to do.

You see, going back to work and familiarizing ourselves with the new addition in the house and my other kids and school and cooking and breastfeeding and editing and laundry(oops, the hubs does most of that!) and giving baths and, oh yeah, let's not forget, Facebooking and scheduling 2010 sessions and wiping my hiney...you catch my drift, right?

Add blogging to the mix and well it makes for a recipe of complete madness and chaos. Oh and I forgot to mention, dieting, which is in its own world of craziness. Except the only thing dieting has done for me is give me the will power to get off the couch and grab a couple of cookies. Dang diets.

And while on I'm the subject of dieting, all of you new mommies-to-be who are planning on breastfeeding because, "like, I will totally lose weight if I breastfeed!", well, I will tell you this: Don't go to Vegas with those kinds of odds. You'll be ravenous. You'll eat more. Heck, you might even look at your baby's fat legs and think about how tasty they are. But then you'll remember that you're not a cannibal. At least, that was my case. You may in fact be one. To each his own, I say.

Anyways, while I'm uploading some images to my lab, I thought I'd take a moment and reintroduce myself to you.

Hi, my name is Stephanie Greenwell. I'm a die-hard fat momma, I love sweets, my husband, and a good episode of "The Big Bang Theory" (and countless others). I'm a computer geek, a forever-student of photography, a Fox news junkie, and a child of God. I'm passionate about my beliefs(and if you don't want to hear it, don't engage me!) I crack up at myself all the time, I don't get jokes and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm a slacker-blogger, but if you elect me for office in 2010, I promise I will blog more and be the best dang blogger-er on my street. But most of all, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't throw tomatoes, real or virtual, at me for trying to be funny.

Lately, I've been trying to get things in order(see above madness), and I hope and will try to blog more. I'm starting to book my 2010 sessions, so of course, I'll be posting "Sneak Peeks" and sessions I've photographed. So come back from time to time, sit down and enjoy a couple of cookies with me.

Oh, did you say you wanted to see another image of my new baby boy? I can certainly oblige. He's now three months old and just adorable as can be. Don't be j.

5 comments:

sharon v said...

awwww! Love his hat, the colours and the stare. he's so sweet!

Liz said...

He's adorable. I can't believe how much he's grown. We'll have to get him and Knox together for a drooling contest:)

sandrah said...

So sweet! Love the hat and those blue eyes. perfect combo!

Sarah Kingree said...

Ive been a slacker too, add me to your list I have a new blog now. Love that pic of your little man, He is gonna be a little model :) Cant wait to see more

Stephanie Greenwell said...

thanks ladies! he's a sweetie!