SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Thursday, June 10, 2010

[Children] Rollin' on a River | Caruthersville Missouri Children's Photographer

I'm always amazed at children's lack of fear and inquisitive nature about things that should be feared. Namely, the mighty Mississippi River.

I don't know when my fear for the river kicked in, but it is there. From crossing the bridge to Tennessee to just looking at the whirling currents from land, I find myself imagining being swallowed by an elephant-sized catfish. Point is, don't ever ask me if I want to take a boat ride on the Mississippi River or head over to a sand barge. Not only will I laugh at you from the security of dry land, I'll also warn to you wear your life jacket in hopes that if your boat sinks, maybe the elephant catfish won't drag you under.

Anyways, back to the story. Mom informed me that little man B absolutely loves the river! She really wanted some milestone images of them down there, and climbing over the recently flooded rocks made me fully aware that the river is no friggin' joke. Yep, I said it. The kids had a great time, but I believe Mom and I were a little nervous about falling, falling off of the rocks, falling into...nevermind. I don't even need to go there.

We actually started out at their home, playing and getting to know one another. These pretty little gals were not shy in the least and we all ready to pimp themselves in front of my camera. I love it when kids are not shy. Reminds me of my own flamboyant children.

Miss E and Miss M were all about playing, hugging, even throwing a football. Of course, we did a family shot and all I can say is: Mommas, you don't have to be part of the session, but you'll never regret having a nice image of you with your kids. I don't care how you look or feel, just make sure you try to jump in just one picture, even if you're getting tickled by them and you just pee'd your pants. Disclaimer: That did NOT happen at this session. Nor did it happen to me. Uh-hmm.

M family, thank you so much for inviting me to your home and getting to know all of you. I love shooting the relationships between children and you all didn't let me down. I hope you love your images and hope you all have a great summer!





















4 comments:

Deanna said...

These are beautiful!

lindsay koehler said...

I could go swimming in those blue eyes and the black whites are to die for!

Dana Monticelli said...

Beautiful! You can feel summer in these!

gail said...

Amazing. Beautiful children and amazing captures!