SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Can Do It Myself | Hayti Missouri Child Photographer

Sugar Bear.

You have completely exhausted me today. I can't even believe that I'm blogging tonight. You've fussed at me. You refused to pick up toys. You've stated to me that you are mad at me. More than once. You cried over being the first to take your bath tonight. You yelled at me because you wanted to take a bath after you took a shower with me. You even wigged out over your new bike not riding good on the carpet.

You've been a holy terror today, I must admit.

But your spirit. Oh, your spirit, your drive, your independence astounds me.

I watched you tonight at VBS as you climbed over the church pews and Mrs. Shea grabbed you. And if I've heard it once, I've heard it a million times:

I can do it myself.

However, she picked you up and sat you down in the pew. But for added measure, you stood back up and then sat back because everything has to be on your terms. No matter what.

I get aggravated because you act just.like.me. It's so scary. Even as I made your little hands pick up each little toy, I affirmed to you that you have certainly met your match in me with stubbornness. What I should've said is that I've met my match. I can just see it now: You and I throwing down on a parking lot somewhere when you're 16.

God help both of us.

As a matter of fact, just a few minutes ago(yeah, it's after 10 p.m. and you're still going strong!), you asked me if I was going to tell you that I was sorry. No way, sister, that was you being punished for your actions. Your reply? "Well, I'm not going to tell you I'm sorry unless you're sorry." Snap, snap.

You apparently forgot that you already apologized earlier, so snap, snap back to you.

But I know you'll never, ever have to depend on anyone for anything. I find it hard to foster your independence and strong will without breaking your spirit. Because these traits are what will get you further in life. Trust me, I'm here because of them. So every day, I watch you, hoping to get a glimpse of the girl I was and the woman you'll be.

There's certainly no one like you, Aubrey, and you make life interesting, funny, crazy, maddening at times, but you still melt my heart every day. Even on days like today.

Momma, you're the best momma e-vuhr. I love my new bike!

Just don't make any long trips on it. I know you can do it, just don't.

Happy 4th Birthday! Love you, Sugar Bear!



6 comments:

jules said...

so sweet! happy birthday to the little beauty!

Deanna said...

What an adorable little girl! Regardless of if they drive us nuts they are still angels aren't they?

Laura said...

Such a cute post and adorable photos. This was a real preview to what I have to look forward to with my little one...FUN! =)

Cristine said...

LOVE this post!!! So many moms are afraid to really say how it is some days. She's beautiful. Happy fourth birthday to her. And a special prayer for the two of you. The teen years have NOTHING on this. :)

lindsay said...

What a beautiful girl full of heart! Nice shots of her personality~

tina said...

Seriously - I think our girls might be twinsies in spirit! I felt like I was reading a daily battle with Emma! Totally applaud you for this awesome blog post and gorgeous GORGEOUS pics of your girl. That last one, the thumb sucking one is to die for. Emma is a thumb sucker too!!