SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

[Maternity] Beautiful | Hayti Missouri Pregnancy Photography

When a woman is pregnant, she will go through the gamut of emotions: happy, sad, excited, anxious, critical, self-assured, scared, lost, adored, proud. You name it, she's been there.

One emotion many pregnant women have a hard time accepting, including myself, is feeling beautiful. I mean, this large, protruding belly garners stares, the water retention makes you feel like you're floating in a pool, and don't even get me started on those Fred Flintstone feet, all swollen. Seriously, it can be quite uncomfortable being pregnant, especially in those last few weeks. Beauty is something many of us try to find in the mirror after a sleepless and restless night of sleeping on our sides, yet we just see tired eyes and puffy faces. And by the way, there's no sleeping-on-your-back at this point, that is, if you want to breath.

When this pretty mama contacted me to shoot her maternity session, I got very excited. Like happy-dance-meets-largest-lottery-payout-winner excited. She's the cutest lil' thang and since I'd had not ever shot a maternity session, I knew she'd not only make a great model, but bring some ideas I had to life.

I've seen the bed-in-the-field sessions of families, children and babies. But never one of a pregnant mom-to-be. So, I mentioned to her my idea, she was game. Albeit, the logistics of getting a bed in a field seemed quite crazy, it was accomplished in no time. Well, for me, I just stood and watched and directed.

Move it here. No, turn it that way. Ok, I need the light to hit at this area, so move it. Again.

When Kate showed up, she looked stunning. Hormones had gotten the best of her that morning, but when she saw the bed, she said, "It just looks so pretty." And she smiled.

Score.

I know the following images may not be suitable for certain people. Certain people don't see the beauty in pregnancy and all that it represents. Certain people should close this page right now if they cannot find the appreciation in maternity art.

As a mama myself, I'm drawn to these images in a way that can only be explained by three simple words:

Pregnancy is beautiful.

It is also hard, and for all that we endure to bring these gifts from God into this world, every pregnant woman should document this special, but fleeting, moment in time. Our bodies are made for procreation and what better way to celebrate it by showing off our bellies, smooth or full of stretchmarks, big or small.

Please enjoy the following images of this beautiful mother-to-be. And remember to tell any pregnant woman you know that she is beautiful.





















25 comments:

Kelsey Anderson said...

She is stunning! lovely images!

Jenny Froh said...

Amazing images!! what a gorgeous mommy to be!!!! WOW!

Kathy said...

Those pictures are AMAZING!!! She is so beautiful.... great pictures!
Love love that purple dress too :)

Kim Hill said...

These are terrific. The momma to be looks absolutely stunning! And I love how you incorporated the bed with the field. Very unique and soooo pretty.

tina said...

This has to be one of the most beautiful maternity sessions I have seen in quite some time. The second image took my breath away - they are ALL gorgeous. What an absolutely stunning mommy-to-be!!!

Laura Meeks said...

Oh wow! She is so gorgeous! A perfectly round belly, amazing hair and that pregnancy glow for sure! You did a fabulous job capturing a beautiful time in her life Stephanie!

Sari said...

WOW! She is gorgeous! Perfect baby belly. I love so many of these. Great job!!

gail said...

WOW! That's all I can say, WOW! Amazing.

Teresa said...

Stephanie these are RIDICULOUSLY BEAUTIFUL...seriously. What I wouldn't give to have maternity shots of myself like this! What a gorgeous mama. I love the bed shots but I think my favorite is the purple dress with her perfectly round tummy, just looking down at her baby-to-be. Beautiful!

dalia said...

these are breathtaking!! you did a fantastic job and she is such a beautiful mom-to-be!

Dena Stanley said...

Absolutely amazing! What a beautiful model too. She looks absolutely stunning.

Anonymous said...

These are amazing! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I haven't seen a maternity session this beautiful in quite some time.

Nancy said...

These are absolutely beautiful. And she's stunning!! You did a fabulous job capturing her gorgeous pregnant body!

Casey said...

Oh! Wow! She is STUNNING! What a fabulous idea too! The images are amazing!

Janet Power said...

What a beautiful mom-to be. These images and the setting are so gorgeous. Beautiful..

Tracy said...

What a gorgeous new mommy, and gorgeous images too. You rocked this session...but I bet she made it easy, she's just beautiful.

Trina said...

Holy.beautiful.maternity.images Batman!!!! Wowsa <3 How perfectly cute is she?? You did a great job with this shoot!

Alex said...

Love them! Wish I had some from my belly days!

jules said...

what a gorgeous maternity session! she's just beautiful!

Rebecca Mitchell said...

Wow! She's gorgeous! She has the most amazing skin too! Beautiful images, how blessed she is to have these of this stage in her life! Great job!

Jasmine Sargent said...

What gorgeous images! I love the bed idea. And what a gorgeous momma-to-be!

Deborah W. said...

She is absolutely gorgeous. I love the pictures, especially with her in the bed in the field!! Love it!!

Laura said...

So breathtaking and beautiful of this expecting mama...all of these are absolutely lovely!

Kristin said...

PMM> Perfect Maternity Model. Beautiful pictures Stephanie.

Heather said...

These are STUNNING.. Such beautiful and creative artwork.. I would be happy and thrilled to show off such beautiful photos.