SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

[Lifestyle] Family:My Children

This past Saturday, my scheduled client had to cancel due to sickness, so I decided to take my children out on a photo session. I mean, come on, I'm a photographer and I've yet to "schedule" a shoot with them. Mostly because it can be a nightmare trying to get all three of them ready - which turned out not to be so bad - and then I have to contend with them over shooting because, you know, I'm their mom. And with that being said, they took full advantage of my desperation to get some good shots of them.

Bribery works best, I've found.

So, the morning was extremely humid. Like a fat pig sittin' in a sauna. That kind of slick sweatiness. That's what I was feeling.

And of course, my kids got cranky and when they don't want to pose or give me a natural smile, they just don't. Flat-out. Even bribery wouldn't give me an edge. However, I managed to pull some rabbits out of my hat with some funny things to say, when I wasn't aggravated with the stubborness they put up against me.

I have to say that some of the images I captured are some of my favorites ever. I'm sure because these are my babies, but it's my photography, I can do what I want to. I hope you all enjoy my hard-earned efforts in trying to get Haley, Brennan and Aubrey to strike a pose. Trust me, I sweated worked my hiney off to get the following!

















No comments: