SGP

Welcome to the Stephanie Greenwell Photography Blog

My photo
Serving the Southeast Missouri area including Hayti, Caruthersville, Portageville, and Kennett

Welcome to my blog! I hope you'll stay awhile and get a few laughs at my everyday life. I'm a mother to four great kiddos and married to a stud-muffin. (It makes him feel better!) Life is always what you make it and to tell the truth, I couldn't make it any better than it is. Photography has allowed me capture the lives of my children in a way that I couldn't imagine. And now it's what I love to do. Let me capture your loves, your laughters, your lives.

Visit the new blog at www.stephaniegreenwellblog.com

Monday, June 15, 2009

Miss Independent

She woke up this morning tired, very, very tired. I did my usual "Happy Birthday" serendade on her special day, no movement. I kissed her, stiff as a board. So, being the gentle mom that I am, I just rolled her over; she finally let out a sigh.

"Good morning, my sugar bear!"

"Mmmmmm."

"It's your birthday today, let's get up!"

"Mmmmmm."

So I kissed her totally kissable lips. Gosh, how I love her lips! Makes me jealous of her. Anyways, I finished getting ready, only to come back to a still sleeping beauty, refusing to celebrate her day.

See, we went to the lake yesterday and the kids had a fulfilled day of playing in the water, cruisin' in the boat, and riding on the tube. Even my one-day-shy-of-3-years-old baby got on for a ride. Only she got flipped off it with Uncle Randy.

Fortunately, she was just fine, because, well, she is Miss Independent and tough as nails. And she had on her life jacket. When they came back, she said, "I fell off and went in the air!" as if to let me know that she's fine and nothing will phase her. Go figure.

Among her many traits and qualities, she's quite self-sufficient and knows what she wants, when she wants it. She'll debate with you like a lawyer, and she no doubt has any trouble expressing herself. And don't tell her she can't do something because she will show you that she can. And she will.

Like getting herself dressed without my assistance and when I put on an article of clothing, she takes it off and says, "I'm gonna start all over and do it by myself." There, she told me.

Like pushing her chair up the counter to climb up on the counter to get a honey bun out of the cabinet after I told her she couldn't have one. There, she showed me.

Like when she decided to she was done swimming at our neighbor's pool, so she gathered her shoes and towel and decided to walk home, by herself, until I caught her at the end of their driveway. There, she's Miss Independent and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm only of use to her when she doesn't want to do something or when she's ready to snuggle and pull on my hair and suck her thumb. That's when I know she still needs me.

My baby turns three today. Three years of watching her grow up, literally, grow up because she walks and talks like a grown up. She's tempermental, beautiful, strong-willed, independent, smart, loving, and she's all mine. She's all me. (So, I've heard.)

Happy 3rd birthday, Sugar Bear! "I love you so much!"

1 comment:

LB said...

She's adorable. I've got one just like her! She's also a mini-me.